Hudson, approximately 15 minutes north of Bangor is also a self-sustaining community with about 1,300 residents. The area offers health and recreation facilities, pulpwood dealers, and contractors, etc.
Incorporated February 25, 1825. Hudson was originally incorporated under the name Kirkland. It was first organized as a plantation in 1824 and at the time, called Jackson. In 1854, townspeople finally settled on a name with some permanence, changing it to Hudson. The Town is situated 15 miles north of the City of Bangor.