Kenduskeag

Pried from the towns of Levant and Glenburn after a dispute over rebuilding the local bridge, Kendukeag's history is really the history of settlement along the stream for which it was named. The Kenduskeag Stream meanders east from the town, toward Bangor, where it flows through the center of the city and meets the Penobscot River.

Kenduskeag is located twelve miles northwest of Bangor.

History

Incorporated February 20, 1852, Pried from the towns of Levant and Glenburn in the aftermath of a dispute over rebuilding the local bridge, Kenduskeag's history is really the history of settlement along the stream for which it is named. The present site of the town was a crossroads in the nineteenth century, boasting carriage shops and hotels that thrived on the activities at the local sawmills. Remnants of those sawmills can still be seen today, as they remain along the Kenduskeag Stream. The stream meanders east from the town, towards Bangor, where it flows through the center of the city and meets the Penobscot River.