Newburgh is another small town settled as a result of the aftermath of the Revolutionary War. It is located 15 miles to the southwest of the City of Bangor and is best accessed by following Route 9 to the west. From blacksmiths and stables to museums and gift shops, Newburgh is a community unto its own.
Incorporated March 13, 1819, Newburgh is located 15 miles to the southwest of the City of Bangor and serves as a bedroom community in the greater Bangor area. It can be accessed by following Route 9 to the west, which eventually turns into U.S. Highway 202. The area was settled in the 1790's after General Knox had been granted a tract of land for his services during the revolutionary war.