Glenburn

This town is located approximately 8.5 miles northwest of the City of Bangor, and was originally incorporated on January 29, 1822.

Glenburn is a self-sustaining "suburb" of Bangor, with services ranging from auto and truck dealers, repair and services, building and electrical contractors, to a wood products manufacturer.

History

Established March 18, 1837, Glenburn was originally incorporated on January 29, 1822 under the name Dutton. This was in honor of Bangor's Judge Dutton. However, in 1837 it was changed to Glenburn. The town is situated 8.5 miles northwest of the City of Bangor.