Transportation is a key component of economic growth, and as such the Chamber supports making investments in our transportation infrastructural a priority. To that end, the Chamber supports:
- The development of a major Maine east-west transportation link through Maine.
- The development of the Sears Island cargo port and further development of the Port of Eastport.
- The expansion of air service to and from Bangor International Airport.
- The preservation and expansion of a commercial freight rail system in the region.
- Approval of a transportation bond package of not less than $50 million in 2013 to fund the above-mentioned priorities.
- Public transportation that serves the needs of the regionâ€™s population, young and old, enabling them to live, work and play in our downtowns and other centers of commerce.
< View Previous
View Next >