UNITED WAY OF EASTERN MAINE CELEBRATES 80th Kickoff and Birthday
Join us for our annual campaign kickoff as we celebrate the sparks in our community!
BANGOR, ME – United Way of Eastern Maine (UWEM), a non profit organization working to improve lives in Hancock, Penobscot, Piscataquis, Waldo and Washington counties is poised to kickoff a fun and exciting community campaign on Friday, September 22rd from 11:45 AM to 1 PM*** at the Bangor Waterfront. We will be at the hill (natural amphitheater) to the left of the Darlings Waterfront Pavilion.
The kickoff marks the start of United Way’s annual fundraising effort and gives the organization an opportunity to thank local companies, agencies, donors and volunteers for their generosity and commitment to our community. United Way’s Board of Directors, volunteers and staff will be joined by nearly 450 guests including donors, business and community leaders, volunteers, and nonprofit leadership.
This is the largest event ever to be held in the City’s waterfront amphitheater and is both a rally and community picnic.
- A community lunch generously provided by Hannaford Supermarkets.
- “Parade of Thanks” recognizing the organizations that support the annual campaign and the non-profits that conduct the important work helping more than 60,000 individuals in our community.
- Insight on the impact of living united from Shirar Patterson, new President & CEOs of United Way of Eastern Maine.
- Clif Eames, retired CEO NH Bragg and well known community leader, will be talking about the history of United Way, his families role in its creation and how small sparks are what ignite change in our community.
- Finally, we will be surprising local community members who have sparked changed throughout our region with a little extra recognition.
Since 1937, the United Way of Eastern Maine (UWEM) has been mobilizing the caring power of people and communities throughout Hancock, Penobscot, Piscataquis, Waldo and Washington counties to provide essential services and identify solutions, aimed at the root causes of the community’s most pressing needs, to create lasting change. UWEM is focused on improving Education, Income and Health for all; helping tens of thousands of people access to basic services in times of crisis while engaging hundreds of individuals and organizations to improve our communities and make them stronger.